Galveston County Jail Commissary Carepacks
Access Securepak carries over 1,000 different items in the following categories:
- Food and Snacks
- Personal Hygiene Products
1. Register here.
2. Select Texas.
3. Select Galveston County Jail.
4. Find your Inmate.
5. Deposit Funds.
6. Order Commissary Items.
Once you are logged in, you will receive instructions on how much (and what products) you can send your inmate.
* If you have any questions, you can call Access Securepak at 800-546-6283.
* You can email My Care Pack at [emailprotected]
* You can write them at:
My Care Pack
10880 Linpage Place
St. Louis, MO 63132
* You can Live Chat with a Representative online: (bottom left corner of page)
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.–11 p.m. CST,
and Saturdays, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. CST.
*Note* Access Securepak will issue a refund for or replace broken, damaged, or missing products reported by Galveston County Jail staff. They will not honor reports of discrepancies from inmate'sfamilies or friends.
My CarePack is the Galveston County Jail's outside vendor for Commissary Items. They have a very good mix ofChips, Snacks, Candy, Meat, Seafood, Hygiene products, Letter writing materials, Electronics and Apparel items for sale on their website.
Here is a sample of what you can purchase for your inmate:
*NOTE* -- Once you are fully registered and have selected the inmate you wish to send commissary to, you will receive instructions on how much you can deposit, how much (and what) you can purchase for your inmate, and how often you can send commissary.
How to Deposit Money in an Inmate's Trust Account in Orderto Purchase Prepaid Calling Cards or Phone Calling Time
To Deposit Money in an inmate's account follow these steps:
- Create a ConnectNetwork account
- Selectyour inmate, andadd to them to your account,
- Deposit money into his or her commissary account.
**NOTE** GTL isin a transitionmerging into a new company called ViaPath Technologies.
- Deposit options available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone 877-650-4249, and online.
- Mobile-friendly deposit options are available via their app.
- Deposits and payments made through automated channels (ConnectNetwork Website, Mobile App, Toll Free Phone, or Kiosk at the jail) are transmitted to the facility within one business day.
- Deposits that are mailed are processed the next business day after they are received by GTL.
- Inmate can choose how to spend the funds you deposit.
All the information you need to understand depositing money into an inmate's trust fund, specifically for phone callsinGalveston County, can be found on our Send MoneyPage.
How to Arrange Video Visitation with Galveston County JailInmates
- Register yourself and all visitors.
- Select Galveston County Jail
- Select your inmate.
- Schedule your preferred time for the visit.
For all the information you need to know regarding scheduling, cost, rules, tips and guidelines of inmate visits at the Galveston County Jail, check out ourVisit InmatePage.
How Do You Communicate with an Inmate in the Galveston County Jail by Phone
Follow these instructions on how toopen an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
- Advance Pay - This phone account allows you to prepay so that your inmate can call you (and only you) whenever he/she wants and the cost of each call is deducted from your balance. You can even be notified by text when your balance gets low. You still have the option of accepting or rejecting each call.
- Pin Debit - This option allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account and lets him pay for phone calls to you and others with the money. You will have no control over who your inmate calls.
- Voicemail - You can leave a secure voicemail without having to contact the facility. When you call the local phone number for a facility offering Inmate Voicemail (call Customer Service at 877-650-4249 to get the local voicemail number for Galveston County Jail, you will be informed of the cost for leaving a message. To leave your message, simply select the inmate by ID number. Then, record your voicemail.
For full instructions on the Galveston County Jail Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out ourSend MoneyPage.
How to Send aCarepack Commissary Package Directly to an Inmate in Galveston County
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in Galveston County Jail follow these steps:
- Select Texas, then select Galveston County Jail, and then select the 'Send a Package Order' option.
- Register and create an account withAccess Securepak, for Galveston County.
- Choose the inmate and the products you want shipped to them, and input your payment method.
- NOTE: There may be a limit on how much product you can send your inmate in Galveston County at any one time.
For all information, tips and available items for shippingCommissarypackages to an inmate inGalveston County Jail check out our Commissary Instructions PageforGalveston County.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Galveston County Jail allow packages to be shipped to an inmate?
Yes. The Galveston County Jail uses an online service called Access Securepak in which friends and family members can order everything from snacks, candy and hot food to clothes, stationary and electronics, and have them shipped directly to any inmate. The prices are reasonable and ordering is easy. Learn more about ordering Access Securepak packages online for an inmate in the Galveston County Jail. If you want to order by phone call 800-546-6283.
What kind of things can an inmate in the Galveston County Jail buy in commissary?
The Galveston County Jail allows a wide variety of food, snack foods, candy, clothing, electronics and other items to be purchased by inmates either through their commissary or by friends and family members sending in care packages from a third-party vendor called Access Securepak. All of the snacks and candy are brand name items that they are used to purchasing on the outside. Learn more about ordering Access Securepak packages online for an inmate in the Galveston County Jail. If you want to order by phone call 800-546-6283.
Why do inmates in the Galveston County Jail need commissary?
Inmates in the Galveston County Jail do not necessarily need commissary, as the jail provides the with the minimum food and hygiene products they need to subsist. But jail is a very stressful place, and by having a daily snack, or using a soap, shampoo or toothpaste that are used to using on the outside can bring a certain amount of normalcy and comfort to their life inside. Learn more about ordering Access Securepak packages online for an inmate in the Galveston County Jail. If you want to order by phone call 800-546-6283.
Are commissary items used for gambling in the Galveston County Jail?
Yes. Because inmates do not have access to actual cash money in the Galveston County Jail, snacks, candy, brand name hygiene products and other sundries inmates can get from commissary and care packages you ship to them are used as currency, thus for gambling. In addition to gambling, commissary items can be used to purchase services such as haircuts, tattoos and cell cleaning. Unfortunately, in many cases, commissary items are also used to purchase protection from other inmates who wish them harm. If your inmate is needing more than $10 a day for commissary, they are getting pretty fat or are using the items they purchase for gambling purposes or personal protection. Learn more about inmate commissary in the Galveston County Jail.
How much money should you send an inmate in Galveston County Jail for commissary?
A reasonable amount of commissary money you should send your inmate is whatever your budget allows. While jail is stressful for an inmate, it is just as stressful for their family members or loved ones on the outside. You are the one that still has bills to pay; rent, utilities, food, phone, children's needs, gas, car payments and all the other stresses of life. As hard as the pressure you are getting to send money, your needs and the children's come first. Galveston County Jail limits the inmates to receiving no more than $300-400 per month in commissary money and/or care packages, not including phone expenses, but realistically an inmate can get by on less than $100 per month of products and be comfortable. Learn more about inmate commissary in the Galveston County Jail.
I didn't get the items from Access Securepak that I ordered. Can I get a refund?
Access Securepak will issue a refund for or replace broken, damaged, or missing products reported by Galveston County Jail staff. They will not take your word for missing or broken items. You must get the jail staff to report it if you want a refund. Learn more about refunds from Access Securepak in the Galveston County Jail. Call the jail at 409-766-2315 or if you want to discuss a problem call 800-546-6283.